Warminster is situated in the county of Wiltshire, approximately 20 miles from Bath and Salisbury and close to the border with Somerset.
For those arriving by public transport, Warminster Rail Station is on the Cardiff-Bristol-Portsmouth rail line which operates approximately every hour, with connections available from London and the West Country at Westbury and Salisbury and also from Melksham, Chippenham and Swindon at Westbury – please visit the First Great Western website for timetables and further details. If you would prefer to travel by bus, the following bus services run to places served by Imberbus:
- First service 265 runs to Warminster from Salisbury (hourly) and every 30 minutes from Bath, Bradford on Avon, Trowbridge and Westbury;
- Frome Minibuses service 53 runs from Frome to Warminster every hour;
- Faresaver service X72 runs every hour from Bath, Melksham and Devizes to West Lavington and Market Lavington;
- Salisbury Reds service 2 runs approximately every hour from Salisbury to Shrewton, Tilshead, Gore Cross and West Lavington.
Please visit the Traveline website during the summer for more details of these services.
For those travelling by car, the town is located at the junction of the A36 and A350 and is near to the infamous A303 ! You should find plenty of parking available Warminster’s Central Car Park which is off station road, so round the corner from the rail station – see map below (for those of you using SatNav, the postcode for Warminster’s Central Car Park is BA12 9BX). Other public car parks are also available (including a small one at the station itself) but please note that normal weekday charges apply on all the public car parks on Saturdays.
Thinking of stopping overnight ? Then the following websites may help you:
- Bristol – Visit Bristol website, Tripadvisor Bristol page
- Bath – Visit Bath website, Tripadvisor Bath page
- Warminster, Salisbury and other towns in Wiltshire: Visit Wiltshire website, Warminster information Centre, Tripadvisor Wiltshire page
Remember that buses and trains operate to Warminster from many of the surrounding towns, so you don’t have to stay in Warminster – please email us if you need further advice.